We are delighted to invite you to contribute to AORTIC 2017 – the African Organisation for Research and Training in Cancer’s 11th International Conference on Cancer in Africa. We are currently accepting abstracts and you can find out all about the abstract submission and review process here.
The deadline for abstract submissions is 7 April 2017. If you have any questions, please contact the programme secretariat : email@example.com
Key Dates :
Early registration :
7 February – 31 May
Call for Abstracts :
15 February – 7 April
Bursary applications :
15 February – 7 April
Standard registration :
1 June – 31 August
Late/on-site registration :
1 September onwards
Apply for a conference bursary
We are pleased to offer bursaries to attend the AORTIC 2017 Conference. The number of bursaries available is limited and we encourage all applicants to complete the application form before the closing date of 7 April 2017.
AORTIC 2017 Conference bursaries are intended to support individuals who would not otherwise be able to meet the registration fee required to attend the conference. And, preference is given to programme participants (including presenters of accepted oral or poster abstracts), and AORTIC members based in Africa.
Find more details on the application criteria and the application form here.
What’s new for 2017
The AORTIC Conference mission is to address issues across the cancer-care continuum. Designed to spark collaboration and generate spaces for sharing experiences, the 2017 programme will exceed our high standards.
What’s new :
The conference has been streamlined to four full days, and incorporates the pre-conference workshop topics into the main programme, so as to increase collegiality and to make it easier to motivate to attend.
- The new Tuesday to Friday schedule will allow participants to travel over weekends and arrive in the destination a little earlier if so desired.
- The Opening Ceremony will now kick off the conference schedule, allowing everyone to begin their AORTIC conference journey together, and the Welcome Reception on the evening of the first day will be an ice breaker for all participants.
- 30% more oral abstract presentations have been added to the programme for a total of 93. This significant increase means more space for up and coming researchers to present their work.
- More programme time has been dedicated to interaction, engagement, networking and collaboration whereas past conferences have followed a very traditional programme format.
- Poster presenters will benefit from a dedicated poster session at which they will have the full attention of participants. Drinks and snacks will be served, making it an enjoyable occasion to engage with the poster content and presenters.
- Extended transfer times will allow for the valuable “in between” conversations to continue a bit longer than before.
- Conference days will end earlier so as to enable participants to schedule side meetings and dinners with colleagues.
AORTIC is committed to promoting cancer control and relief across the whole of Africa and by holding the 2017 AORTIC Conference in Rwanda, a new destination for us, we continue building on our legacy of cancer awareness around the continent. We hope you’ll join us in Kigali.
Getting to Rwanda is easy
The main airport in Rwanda is Kigali International Airport. It is located 10 km east of the convention centre.
Kigali currently receives direct flights from Nairobi, Entebbe, Bujumbura, Addis Ababa, Kilimanjaro, Brazzaville, Douala, Libreville, Mombasa, Mwanza, Brussels, Amsterdam, Dar es Salaam, Istanbul, Johannesburg, Juba, Lagos, Lusaka, Doha and Dubai.
It is also possible to take a bus from neighboring countries.
Getting a visa is easy
More information on Rwandan visas can be found here.
Experience the country of a thousand hills
Rwanda is a booming and safe country with many treasures. Take the chance before or after the conference to see a country on the rise against some of the most beautiful and pristine backdrops on the continent.
For more information click here.
We look forward to welcoming you to Kigali, Rwanda.