National Pharmacy council of Rwanda is seeking to recruit a Registration and licensing Officer to be based in Nyarugenge-Kigali City.
Pursuant to legislation and in a transparent, objective, impartial and fair manner, the registration ensures, in the protection of the public, that pharmacy professionals are qualified to practice. The registration and licensing officer plans, coordinates and monitors registration and licensing, manages pharmacy professionals’ data, and other registration-related activities. His/her work will strengthen and improve the standardized collection of individual data from pharmacy professionals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review all matters relating to applicants for registration and licensing and determine applicants’ eligibility for registration including establishing the conditions, restrictions and requirements for registration;
- Establishing academic standards and the qualifications required for registration as a pharmacy professional in Rwanda;
- Coordinate the internship program for pharmacy professionals;
- Develop policies and requirements with respect to the registration, licensing and reinstating registrants;
- Set, administer and maintain policies on all matters related to assessment competencies, standards, principles, selection or design and processes;
- Work with technical committee to develop, administer and maintain assessments for the purposes of the registration processes;
- Establish protocols for substantial equivalence assessment processes;
- Standardize consolidation and timely dissemination of reports and statistics on registration data;
- Inform pharmacy professionals and the public about professional obligation and responsibilities of registration;
- Manage all communication materials within the NPC;
- Perform any other duties assigned to her/him by the hierarchical supervisors.
Qualifications and requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy with at least 3 years of experience;
- License to practice Pharmacy in Rwanda.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, organizational skills, both analytical and problem-solving, and the ability to work with confidential documents.
- Computer literate and a friendly user of most Microsoft Office programs;
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda, French is an added advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter addressed to the Chairperson of National Pharmacy Council, Curriculum Vitae, proof of working experience, copy of the degree and copy license via email: firstname.lastname@example.org with REGISTRATION AND LICENSING OFFICER clearly indicated in the subject line. The deadline for submission of applications is September 25, 2020, at 13:00 pm Kigali time. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for further assessment.