National Pharmacy council of Rwanda is seeking to recruit a Permanent secretary to be based in Kigali City. The Permanent secretary serves as the leader and maintains an effective senior management team for the council. The Permanent secretary bears the chief responsibility in ensuring that the council meets its operational and strategic goals. The permanent secretary works with and is accountable to the bureau of the National Pharmacy Council Board.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The responsibilities of the Permanent Secretary include:
- Ensure smooth running of the office of the council and manage daily requests at the council
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Manage the pharmacists and pharmacy technicians register.
- Ensure availability of registration and license certificates for registered pharmacists and pharmacy technicians.
- Lead, plan and implement national pharmacy council action plan as approved by the board
- Maintain office services by organizing office operations and procedures; reviewing payroll; controlling correspondence; designing filing systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; assigning and monitoring clerical functions
- Implement office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Keep the bureau and board informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends
- Maintain office staff job results by coaching and mentoring employees as needed; planning, monitoring, and appraising performance results
- Advise the bureau on the implementation of the action plan and any necessary adjustment needed
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the bureau
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
A Bachelor degree in Pharmacy
MPH, MBA, or master’s level degree in a health-related field is preferred.
Six plus (6+) years of progressively responsible, related experience is required.
- Demonstrated managerial and organizational skills with the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Experience in professional regulation is strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated leadership and management abilities.
- Demonstrated strategic planning and visioning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with senior-level colleagues, particularly interacting productively, proactively, and comfortably with NPC stakeholders
- Demonstrated strategic agility, diplomacy, conflict management, team building, written and oral communication, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in English are required, along with good French.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, organizational skills, analytical and problem solving, and the ability to work with confidential documents.
- Computer literate and a friendly user of most Microsoft Office programs
Applications composed of a cover letter addressed to the Chairperson of the National Pharmacy Council, Curriculum Vitae, proof of working experience, copy of the degree, copy license to practice ID Copy via email: email@example.com with “Permanent Secretary “clearly indicated in the subject line. The deadline for submission of applications is June 30, 2021, at 13:00 pm Kigali time. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.